Tuesday 9 April 2013

faith in the storm

I felt enormously encouraged by this post today, by the song chosen to still believe, to continue, defeat never allowed to do its work. Overwhelmed with the thought of hope these days, but not only that, broken for those who have no hope, for those walking alone in their troubles. Having grown up in a Christian home, I sometimes forget the hopelessness people far from God experience, the depth of grief there must be. We have troubles in this world, BUT GOD... BUT GOD fights on our behalf. And we can surely trust.


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve you while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful song. I'd never heard it before. Thank you for sharing it here.

    I've been chewing on the thought that the more physically blessed we are, the less spirutally dependent on Him we are. The physically poor are spiritually wealthy because they HAVE to lean on Him in everything. When they aquire more from the physical, we tend to relinquish our hold on the spiritual.

    In want or in need, we need to lean into Him more. Only then can we really help others do so.

    ReplyDelete