Wednesday 9 January 2013

a village named Schallbach

I'm truly not sure how as a child I didn't fully comprehend the beauty of growing up in this landscape, tucked away by rolling hills, inhabited by around 700 friendly villagers. To imagine I once woke up to this view, played in its nature, soaked up its country smells. 


Never mind the beautiful April-like Winters. 


Every village, town and city is built around a traditional church, beautiful Church bells ringing in long standing culture.


No need for the use of sidewalks, as we stroll down the hill, back to the house.


My childhood home. Visiting home in Schallbach feels more like home than just about anywhere else. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Can I come with you sometime? I'd love to have a tour of your childhood playgrounds.

    ReplyDelete